How could scent-on-demand change your life, and the lives of those around you?
New contest deadline
We have great news for you!
Since today, 13th of August, the contest deadline has been extended till 19th August! You now have two more days to finalize your ideas and to win up to €3000!
This contest is about scent, not as perfume, but scent that people use for their home, their cars, their office, for a shop or a restaurant, a hospital or a park … in short, for any home or public space. Scents play a bigger role than we think in our lives. They help us eliminate bad odors, freshen up the air, change or accompany our mood, attract or repel people, create memories and moments, help us recognize where we are and can influence how we feel, and how others feel about us.
Imagine that a company came up with a new device that dispenses scents on demand. You could use it via any connected device, including a smartphone. It is programmable and portable, able to dispense scent in any space. The scent could be customized and delivered as you wish, including personalizing scents according to the environment, the time, people in a room…
The company invented the technology, now it needs your help to find creative ways to use it.
Create an advertising poster that shows how you would use this scent-on-demand technology in a home, public or commercial space.
It uses patented scent-release technology to release pure perfume oils. You can adjust the intensity so it’s just right for your smallest to your largest room. The result is an authentic, longer-lasting and powerful scent experience. It is fully rechargeable and distributes scent with the use of any connected device, including smartphones. Refills of varying scent are available and can easily be replaced within the device. And unlike others, this scent release technology does not use a propellant-based mechanism.
Do not reinvent the technology or be bogged down by perceived limitations. Think of all its potential and the ways it could be communicated. In an ideal world, how would you like to see it used?
Create an advertising poster to illustrate your idea and tell us what it is by answering these 4 questions:
- Why? Why do you think there is a need or an opportunity in the physical space you chose?
- What? What is your idea? How do you use the technology and to what effect?
- For whom? Who is the target user? What job would it do or for what occasion would this technology be most useful? How would it leave the user feeling?
- Which brands? What would you call it? What name would you give this technology, and what brand(s) might offer this technology and the scent refills?
Les exemples suivants sont uniquement destinés à illustrer nos attentes. Ne les utilisez pas, auquel cas votre création sera rejetée.
A good example: an ad poster in which we would see a hospital room where the scent not only varies according to the taste and profile of the patient staying there, but the scent will also evolve as the patient gets better, from soothing and calming to assuage their fear to increasingly dynamic and happy to stimulate their recovery and prepare them to leave the hospital rejuvenated.
A bad example will be something that already exists like just an air freshener that diffuses a specific scent in a room, or just changes the scent once in a while. It is not very innovative, nor is it new.
Prix du Jury
- #1 Prix 1 500 €
- #2 Prix 1 000 €
- #3 Prix 500 €
An advertising poster to express your idea + a short description that answers the 4 questions.
Critères de Sélection
The best ad poster will be innovative, but also clearly respond to a need or an opportunity, and will explain clearly how this technology can change the game! We are looking for creative usage of an on-demand scent technology that could be turned into commercial opportunities. So think about which brand might suit the device, and which brands would work as scent providers for the refills.
Contraintes pour ce concours
- Entries in English.
- You can create an illustration for your advertising poster, or use existing pictures (please tell us where the picture comes from).
- In your description, answer the 4 questions.
Contraintes habituelles d'eYeka
- N'affichez aucune information personnelle dans votre création (nom, numéro de téléphone, adresse e-mail, etc.)
- Gardez sur votre ordinateur une version non-compressée de votre création, qui sera utilisée si vous êtes sélectionné parmi les gagnants.
- Afin de pouvoir concourir, votre média doit être votre propre création.
- Vous devez obtenir l'autorisation écrite de chacun des auteurs et acteurs ayant participé au média.
- Précisez dans la description de votre média si vous êtes l'auteur ou non de la musique et/ou des images utilisées. Si vous avez utilisé des éléments (musique, photos, dessins, etc.) dont vous n'êtes pas le propriétaire, transmettez-nous les informations concernant la licence vous concédant les droits d'utilisation.
- eYeka vous demandera de fournir des preuves écrites ou une copie de tous les documents écrits étayant de telles autorisations et permettant à eYeka et à ses clients d'utiliser le média conformément aux Conditions Générales du concours.
- Tout média ne se conformant pas avec ce règlement, sera exclu du concours.