How much do you love your smartphone?
To most of us, a smartphone is more than a phone. It is a 24/7 companion that helps us work, shop, play, keep in touch, share and learn. We use it to access our contacts, our memories, our friends and our lives… Imagine how you would feel if you were to lose your smartphone!
Smartphones are now so powerful that many people do not even use a personal computer, as everything they want to do is available in the palm of their hands.
A big technology brand is interested to know what you can do with your smartphone that is so much better, easier and more fun than with a PC or laptop. Can you help?
Surprise computer users by sharing a moment when your smartphone was the best way to do what you wanted to do.
Your entry should include a visual and answers to these 2 simple questions:
- What is the idea and moment behind your entry? And what did you do with your phone that cannot be done as well on a PC or laptop?
- On the other hand, what's the one thing your smartphone currently does not do as well as a PC or laptop that you would want to change?
Stay away from very basic smartphone activities like making phone calls, sending text messages, emails or just taking pictures, unless taking a picture was a part of something more complex (for example, showing a plumber what the problem was with a clogged sink so that he could bring the right tools with him before coming to your house). Think about moments and activities when a smartphone is simply better than a personal computer.
You can share a real moment, bring to life a friend’s moment or just imagine one, even if you have not done it yet but know you could.
Les exemples suivants sont uniquement destinés à illustrer nos attentes. Ne les utilisez pas, auquel cas votre création sera rejetée.
- Visual: A picture of a dress in an online store that you purchased on the way to a party with a mobile payment button.
- The idea/moment: You received an invitation to a party on your phone and realized that you had nothing appropriate to wear. While travelling to the party you managed to shop for a dress that you could pick up at a store near the venue. Everything was done seamlessly on the go and you turned up on time, looking your best! As you don’t usually carry a laptop when you’re shopping, there is no way you could have done that without your smartphone. Furthermore the online store was optimized for smartphone purchase and it instantly recommended the store nearest you thanks to your phone’s GPS. Best of all, you paid through your smartphone!
- One way a smartphone is not as good as a laptop yet: You like to design dresses as a hobby. Unfortunately your smartphone does not do as well as a laptop in handling the powerful design software you use to create your designs.
Prix du Jury
- #1 Prix 1 500 €
- #2 Prix 600 €
- #3 Prix 400 €
1 page including 1 visual (photography or illustration) + text
Critères de Sélection
We are looking for creativity, compelling visual and thoughtful reflection on how you feel about your smartphone when it comes to helping you throughout the day in what you want to do. We are particularly interested in instances when you feel that a smartphone is better than a PC or laptop. Quality of the visual is less important than your insights, moment and thoughts about it.
Contraintes pour ce concours
- Entries in English only
- Entries must be your own creation, illustrations or photography. Do not use stock photography. If you submit photography, you must have the explicit consent of the people portrayed.
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
Contraintes habituelles d'eYeka
- N'affichez aucune information personnelle dans votre création (nom, numéro de téléphone, adresse e-mail, etc.)
- Gardez sur votre ordinateur une version non-compressée de votre création, qui sera utilisée si vous êtes sélectionné parmi les gagnants.
- Afin de pouvoir concourir, votre média doit être votre propre création.
- Vous devez obtenir l'autorisation écrite de chacun des auteurs et acteurs ayant participé au média.
- Précisez dans la description de votre média si vous êtes l'auteur ou non de la musique et/ou des images utilisées. Si vous avez utilisé des éléments (musique, photos, dessins, etc.) dont vous n'êtes pas le propriétaire, transmettez-nous les informations concernant la licence vous concédant les droits d'utilisation.
- eYeka vous demandera de fournir des preuves écrites ou une copie de tous les documents écrits étayant de telles autorisations et permettant à eYeka et à ses clients d'utiliser le média conformément aux Conditions Générales du concours.
- Tout média ne se conformant pas avec ce règlement, sera exclu du concours.