Show women how Downy/Lenor fabric conditioner “activates” freshness throughout the day.
Because there’s more to caring for clothes than just keeping them clean, fabric conditioners exist.
They bring softness & freshness to clothes. Their scents are part of the family’s identity. Among all the fabric conditioners that exist there is one that offers long lasting scents: it’s Downy/Lenor. Women who use it know that it’s special, it is sensorial … it’s a delightful indulgence.
Downy/Lenor, the premium fabric conditioner brand is coming out with a new product benefit that will appeal to women who like their clothes to smell good. It’s called Motion or Touch-Activated Freshness. The way it works is very simple: when you use Downy/Lenor, micro bubbles of fragrance penetrate the fabric. When the fabric is touched or when the person moves, bubbles explode due to friction and liberate scent. How wonderful is this? Imagine the extra freshness liberated throughout the day just by moving and doing the normal things you do!
Downy/Lenor thinks this new benefit will appeal to many “sensorial” women who care about feeling fresh all day long. Women currently feel that scent disappears soon after clothes are dry and would like to reawaken hints of subtle fragrance from their clothes or sheets with natural movement (or touch activated whenever they need it). Examples of this are when they rub their sleeve or handkerchief, when they move their handbag from one shoulder to the other, when they take off their coat or when they move or stand after being seated for a while, etc.
What idea can you think of to bring this benefit to life?
With a unique and eye-catching poster, convince women that the new Downy/Lenor “Motion”-Activated or “Touch”-Activated Freshness is THE fabric conditioner that delivers sensorial freshness throughout the day.
Your poster should appeal to what we call “sensorial women”. We can summarize who they are by giving their motto: adding my own magic to the mundane. They are women who look for a little extra something. And this extra is often scents! They like fresh and authentic scents and colors that remind them of nature. They are fans of scented candles and fragrances. Scents have meaning for them: during the day, in certain stressful moments, they smell the soap in their desk, a scarf or wrist or their handkerchief, and for some it gives them comfort, for some confidence and for some a momentary escape to a happy place. When it comes to laundry, they don’t seek just scent but multiple sensorial benefits from the experience. Maybe they use fabric conditioner already, but they don’t know what Downy/Lenor has to offer.
Your task is to find a way to creatively and uniquely communicate the advantages of Motion or Touch-Activated Freshness to make them switch to Downy/Lenor.
The creative idea shall not be about any scent that is too strong or overpowering, and something that bothers other. Also, Downy/Lenor “Motion” or “Touch”-Activated Freshness isn’t about eliminating bad odors.
When looking at your poster, women should think: Downy/Lenor is different than others. Only Downy/Lenor does this! I want to buy and try it!
“Motion” and “Touch”-activated freshness are a bit different. “Motion” activated means that the scent is liberated when the person moves. “Touch” activated means that the scent is released when the fabric is touched or rubbed.
Please pick one of the two to create your poster.
It’s important that your poster is close to what the Downy/Lenor brand stands for. It’s a premium brand, so the look and feel of your poster must be premium.
Your print ad should include a key visual, a name to replace “Touch-Activated Freshness” or “Motion-Activated Freshness” and a short text that explains your creative idea.
Explain your entry with a short description that answers the following four questions:
- How does your entry illustrate the benefit of Downy/Lenor’s Motion or Touch-Activated Freshness?
- What new name do you suggest for this new benefit (to replace Motion or Touch-Activated Freshness)?
- How does your entry appeal to sensorial women?
- How does it conform to the brand’s personality?
Downy/Lenor is the same brand but it’s called different things in different places. Pick one brand and use it in your print.
Les exemples suivants sont uniquement destinés à illustrer nos attentes. Ne les utilisez pas, auquel cas votre création sera rejetée.
One example of a good idea | Freshness as a moment of joy. A poster shows a woman in a dull and grey office. All-around colleagues are working hard … there’s not a lot of smiling faces. One woman feels a bit down… She rubs her thick wool scarf and there is a burst of flowers that comes out of it. The woman feels so good on smelling this scent! She likes this smell so much! It reminds her of her home and her family. This moment is a quick escape to pleasure and she can then go back to work, recharged and in a good mood.
Another good example | Freshness as an escape. A couple is dancing the foxtrot in a ballroom. They are surrounded by people but they seem to be all alone. Because their bodies touch each other, the fabrics liberate a scent they love, the smell of their laundry – it’s their signature scent. They feel in communion and so close at this moment. The incredible scents of Downy/Lenor elevate the moment into something even stronger.
One last example: The poster shows a woman who is removing a sweater from the wash, where it has maximum freshness and fragrance. It is hung to dry. Normally, the process of air drying wisps away the fragrance, but with Lenor, the fragrance remains even when dry. The next day, the woman puts the sweater on, and the motion re-activates the fragrance, so she smells the fragrance and is confident that she has the power to reawaken hints of that fragrance throughout her day.
A bad idea for this contest: A poster that shows a woman taking clothes out of the dryer and smelling them. It’s not close to what Downy/Lenor is. Every laundry brand could use the same imagery. It’s a cliché (not new and boring) and it does not specifically illustrate the benefit of “Motion or Touch-Activated Freshness.
Prix du Jury
- #1 Prix 1 500 €
- #2 Prix 600 €
- #3 Prix 400 €
Poster and description (2 pages).
Critères de Sélection
We are expecting simple, unique and easy to understand print ads/posters. Prizes will go to the print ads that immediately bring to life the benefit of Touch or Motion-Activated Freshness while being creative and original. Suggesting inspiring names for one or both benefits is also the key to winning.
Contraintes pour ce concours
- Remember: what other fabric conditioner do is provide freshness just out of the dryer for a short period of time or just after washing, but the scent is completely gone by the time the washed clothes are put in the closet/cupboard and not there when clothes are worn. With Downy/Lenor, freshness lasts throughout the day and is activated thanks to bubbles inside the fabrics’ fibers.
- The scents that come out of fabrics with Downy/Lenor are not too strong or overwhelming. Avoid stories where everyone turns their head to watch a woman entering a train with a scented sweater.
- Download the logo from the toolkit.
- Please submit your entries in English.
- Les autorisations et licences d'utilisation d'éléments protégés (musique, images, etc.) doivent inclure à minimum: (i) le droit d'intégrer des éléments protégés dans un nouveau travail dérivé ou fondé sur ces éléments, (ii) le droit d'utilisation commerciale et (iii) le droit d'utilisation sur l'Internet. Vous devez être capable de fournir une preuve écrite de ces autorisations et licences à n'importe quel moment.
Contraintes habituelles d'eYeka
- N'affichez aucune information personnelle dans votre création (nom, numéro de téléphone, adresse e-mail, etc.)
- Gardez sur votre ordinateur une version non-compressée de votre création, qui sera utilisée si vous êtes sélectionné parmi les gagnants.
- Afin de pouvoir concourir, votre média doit être votre propre création.
- Vous devez obtenir l'autorisation écrite de chacun des auteurs et acteurs ayant participé au média.
- Précisez dans la description de votre média si vous êtes l'auteur ou non de la musique et/ou des images utilisées. Si vous avez utilisé des éléments (musique, photos, dessins, etc.) dont vous n'êtes pas le propriétaire, transmettez-nous les informations concernant la licence vous concédant les droits d'utilisation.
- eYeka vous demandera de fournir des preuves écrites ou une copie de tous les documents écrits étayant de telles autorisations et permettant à eYeka et à ses clients d'utiliser le média conformément aux Conditions Générales du concours.
- Tout média ne se conformant pas avec ce règlement, sera exclu du concours.