Invent a disruptive Coca-Cola packaging design that will fire up teens!
We have a new series of two Coca-Cola contests to design packaging for teens. They involve different needs from teens and ask you to amaze us with new packaging ideas.
You are not obliged to participate in both contests, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the other one.
Coca-Cola is one of the best known brands for worldwide teens, which associates the drink with having a good time. As Coca-Cola is enjoyed in all social circles and age groups, teens drink it both with their families and with their friends, as well as when they are alone with their loved ones. As a result, Coca-Cola has become more than just a soft drink, but a symbol of friendship and happiness.
At Coca-Cola, they believe that everybody deserves to be happy and that happiness can come from the most unexpected places and experiences, such as when a smile from a friend creates a magical moment from a sour day.
Teens are always looking for excitement - when they are exploring the world, chasing their dreams, or just discovering their own identity. With the products that they buy, they love packaging designs that are flashy, bold and surprising, while also being compatible with their cultural identity and environmentally friendly.
Create a new breakthrough packaging design for Coca-Cola can or bottle that will excite 12 to 19-year old teens.
Please choose from one of the themes below to submit your idea:
Compared with other age groups, teens find the most enjoyment in spending time with friends. They place great value on sharing new experiences with their loved ones, either in person or online, as a way of growing together and creating stronger bonds. Teens don’t want to be seen as kids anymore. Having taken their first driving lessons, spent time without their parents, or even travelled with their friends, teens are ready to face the truth around them and be treated like equals by the adults around them. When it comes to choosing their friends, they value people whom they can trust and with whom they can share their secrets, their dreams and their fears.
How could a new packaging design for Coca-Cola express the desire of a teen that loves to have fun, catch up with their friends and spend time with family, while being seen as mature and self-confident?
Play with Me:
Teens love to have fun, since for them fun is equal to happiness. For them fun can be found everywhere: on the sports field, while playing games, or when listening to music with their friends. They have discovered that the best way of escaping the routine is by immersing themselves fully into the world provided by their senses. By doing so, teens often push the limits of how far they can go without being blocked by their parents. Teens don’t want to be told how to live, but want to create and experience their lives themselves. In so doing, they discover their own autonomy and the world that they live in.
How could a new packaging design for Coca-Cola express the desire of teens to play and have fun in the most diverse settings – while playing sports, listening to music, going on a first date, or sharing a moment with their friends?
Create a packaging design in a single page format with a text that explains your idea from one of these themes.
We are looking for ideas that are new and bold and fit the spirit of the brand. Your idea will inspire the development of new packages for Mexican teens. It can be either for a single package (can or bottle label, bottle caps, or can rings), or for secondary packaging (for example, a multipack or the cardboard box for a six-pack).
Very important: you have to create and submit one idea for either Crystal Clear or Play with Me. If you have packaging ideas for both themes, you may submit two separate ideas. Make sure you state clearly in your entry for which theme you are applying with and how the concept helps fulfill the needs of teens.
Les exemples suivants sont uniquement destinés à illustrer nos attentes. Ne les utilisez pas, auquel cas votre création sera rejetée.
Example of a good idea for Crystal Clear: A can of Coca-Cola that lets you play with the text on it using an app. You can use a digital platform to create a secret friend-code that gets encoded in the text on the can. Your friends can then scan the can to decode the message and read the friend-code. Teens can then use this platform to create all kinds of games, like decrypting competitions or sending riddles.
Example of a good idea for Play with me: A bottle or bottle cap of Coca-Cola is made of a material that glows in the dark. You and your friends could use those for different games such as night bowling or to create a theme party with your friends just to impress the girl you like. The cans could be purchased in a “night bowling” multipack.
Example of a bad idea: A can with a vintage font, since it is not based on any of the two themes described here.
Prix du Jury
- #1 Prix 1 500 €
- #2 Prix 900 €
- #3 Prix 700 €
- #4 Prix 400 €
Visual packaging design and one paragraph of text (1 PDF page max).
Critères de Sélection
We are expecting design ideas that are simple and easy to understand. The entries will be judged by how novel and relevant they are for teens.
Contraintes pour ce concours
- Use this template for your submission here.
- This packaging design is for the Coca-Cola brand only.
- The product itself cannot be modified (eg. a new drink color).
- The shape and the material of the can and bottle can be modified if the new material or shape proposed fulfills the need (e.g. a can label that is from a transparent material).
- Your idea can be either for one element of the can or bottle packaging: label, bottle cap, can rings; or for a secondary packaging: cardboard of multipack.
- The packaging design is not limited to offline experiences. You can combine offline elements with digital elements.
- Please do not mock people or make anyone uncomfortable.
- Mandatory elements: your entry must include the name of your concept, its description, an explanation of the need that it fulfills, and a visual design.
- Entries should be in English or Spanish only.
- Les autorisations et licences d'utilisation d'éléments protégés (musique, images, etc.) doivent inclure à minimum: (i) le droit d'intégrer des éléments protégés dans un nouveau travail dérivé ou fondé sur ces éléments, (ii) le droit d'utilisation commerciale et (iii) le droit d'utilisation sur l'Internet. Vous devez être capable de fournir une preuve écrite de ces autorisations et licences à n'importe quel moment.
Contraintes habituelles d'eYeka
- N'affichez aucune information personnelle dans votre création (nom, numéro de téléphone, adresse e-mail, etc.)
- Gardez sur votre ordinateur une version non-compressée de votre création, qui sera utilisée si vous êtes sélectionné parmi les gagnants.
- Afin de pouvoir concourir, votre média doit être votre propre création.
- Vous devez obtenir l'autorisation écrite de chacun des auteurs et acteurs ayant participé au média.
- Précisez dans la description de votre média si vous êtes l'auteur ou non de la musique et/ou des images utilisées. Si vous avez utilisé des éléments (musique, photos, dessins, etc.) dont vous n'êtes pas le propriétaire, transmettez-nous les informations concernant la licence vous concédant les droits d'utilisation.
- eYeka vous demandera de fournir des preuves écrites ou une copie de tous les documents écrits étayant de telles autorisations et permettant à eYeka et à ses clients d'utiliser le média conformément aux Conditions Générales du concours.
- Tout média ne se conformant pas avec ce règlement, sera exclu du concours.