Help Coca-Cola create a packaging design that lets teens express themselves in a unique way!
We have a new series of two Coca-Cola contests to design packaging for teens. They involve different needs from teens and ask you to amaze us with new packaging ideas.
You are not obliged to participate in both contests, although we believe that if you are able to create for one, you can also do well for the other one.
Coca-Cola is one of the best-known brands for teens worldwide, who associate the drink with having a good time. As Coca-Cola is enjoyed in all social circles and age groups, teens drink it both with their families and with their friends, as well as when they are alone with their loved ones. As a result, Coca-Cola has become more than just a soft drink, but a symbol of friendship and happiness.
At Coca-Cola, they believe that everybody deserves to be happy and that happiness can come from the most unexpected places and experiences, such as when a smile from a friend creates a magical moment in a gloomy day.
Teens are always looking for excitement - when they are exploring the world, chasing their dreams, or just assert their identity. When it comes to buying food or drink products, they love packaging designs that are flashy, bold and surprising, while also being compatible with their cultural identity and environmentally friendly.
Create a new breakthrough packaging design for Coca-Cola can or bottle that will allow 12 to 19-year old teens express themselves.
Please choose from one of the themes below to submit your idea:
(Teens define themselves by the decisions they make. Whenever they choose music, their outfit, or their look; they are deciding who they are).
Teens are excited to define their own identity. From making decisions about what to wear, or what brand to reject while choosing their own look, to their own music preferences and what to do with their leisure time, teens are eager to express who they are. They don’t want to be seen as kids anymore. They want to express their identity to others, using all the tools they have at hand to be heard and tell the world their unique ideas and dreams.
How can a new packaging design for Coca-Cola help teens express who they are in a fun and exciting way?
Freedom in doses:
(Increased sense of freedom and gaining independence to do what they want and to dream about their future life).
One of the best feelings a teen can experience in his life is the sense of freedom.
Teens sense that their parents are giving them permission to do things they could not do in the past. Now, when teens ask for permission, there is a chance that their parents will grant it. This new freedom allows teens to dream about their future, about who they want to become and what they want to study (e.g. be a rock star, a soccer player or travel the world). Still, teens are aware they are not ready to handle all that freedom at once; they need to receive it in small doses to cope with it.
How can a new packaging design for Coca-Cola help teens handle independence while having fun, catching up with their friends, spending time with the family, and dating for the first time?
Create a packaging design in a single-page format with a text that explains your idea from one of these themes.
We are looking for ideas that are new and bold and fit the spirit of the brand. Your idea will inspire the development of new packages for Mexican teens. It can be either for a single package (can or bottle label, bottle caps, or can rings), or for secondary packaging (for example, a multipack or the cardboard box for a six-pack).
Very important: you have to create and submit one idea for either Autocracy or Freedom in doses. If you have packaging ideas for both themes, you may submit two separate ideas. Make sure you state clearly in your entry for which theme you are applying with and how the concept helps fulfill the needs of teens.
Les exemples suivants sont uniquement destinés à illustrer nos attentes. Ne les utilisez pas, auquel cas votre création sera rejetée.
Good idea for Autocracy: A can of Coca-Cola painted with different colors. Depending on your mood, a teen picks the color of the can. For example, if you are feeling happy, you can pick up a flashy color. If you are feeling romantic, teens can choose a mellow color and give it to the girl that they like. This would help teens to express themselves in their unique way.
Good idea for Freedom in doses: Bottles of Coca-Cola with different designs based on different profiles that are appealing to teens: soccer player, videoblogger, musician, entrepreneur, etc. Teens can choose a bottle depending on their preferences or dreams and get exclusive tips from a role model. For example, if someone wants to become a videoblogger, he or she will find in the bottle with a vlogger a webpage address to have access to content from famous vbloggers.
Bad idea: A bottle that can be customized, since it is not based on any of the two themes described here.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or they will be rejected.
Prix du Jury
- #1 Prix 1 500 €
- #2 Prix 900 €
- #3 Prix 700 €
- #4 Prix 400 €
Visual packaging design and one paragraph of text, both in a single, one-page PDF file.
Critères de Sélection
We are expecting design ideas that are simple and easy to understand. The entries will be judged by how novel and relevant for teens they are.
Contraintes pour ce concours
- This packaging design is for the Coca-Cola brand only.
- The product itself cannot be modified, e.g. with a new drink color.
- The shape and the material of the can and bottle can be modified if the new material or shape proposed fulfills the need, e.g. a can label that is from a transparent material.
- Your idea can be either for one element of the can or bottle packaging: label, bottle cap, can rings; or for a secondary packaging: cardboard of multipack.
- The packaging design is not limited to offline experiences. You can combine offline elements with digital elements.
- Please do not mock people or make anyone uncomfortable.
- Mandatory elements: your entry must includeits description, an explanation of the need that it fulfills, and a visual design.
- Download the template from the toolkit.
- Entries should be in English or Spanish.
- Les autorisations et licences d'utilisation d'éléments protégés (musique, images, etc.) doivent inclure à minimum: (i) le droit d'intégrer des éléments protégés dans un nouveau travail dérivé ou fondé sur ces éléments, (ii) le droit d'utilisation commerciale et (iii) le droit d'utilisation sur l'Internet. Vous devez être capable de fournir une preuve écrite de ces autorisations et licences à n'importe quel moment.
Contraintes habituelles d'eYeka
- N'affichez aucune information personnelle dans votre création (nom, numéro de téléphone, adresse e-mail, etc.)
- Gardez sur votre ordinateur une version non-compressée de votre création, qui sera utilisée si vous êtes sélectionné parmi les gagnants.
- Afin de pouvoir concourir, votre média doit être votre propre création.
- Vous devez obtenir l'autorisation écrite de chacun des auteurs et acteurs ayant participé au média.
- Précisez dans la description de votre média si vous êtes l'auteur ou non de la musique et/ou des images utilisées. Si vous avez utilisé des éléments (musique, photos, dessins, etc.) dont vous n'êtes pas le propriétaire, transmettez-nous les informations concernant la licence vous concédant les droits d'utilisation.
- eYeka vous demandera de fournir des preuves écrites ou une copie de tous les documents écrits étayant de telles autorisations et permettant à eYeka et à ses clients d'utiliser le média conformément aux Conditions Générales du concours.
- Tout média ne se conformant pas avec ce règlement, sera exclu du concours.